Experience the ultimate in wide-angle photography with the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens – a truly versatile wide-angle zoom lens designed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. It features an advanced optical design and constant f/4 maximum aperture. It’s an ideal lens for travel, landscapes, architecture, interior shots, and unique perspectives on subjects close and far.
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Wide-angle zoom 11-24mm f/4 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs, as well as APS-C-sized sensors where it will provide a 17.6-38.4mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 Maximum Aperture – It offers consistent performance and light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- Super UD, UD, and 4 Aspherical Elements – It has UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) and Super UD lens elements which are designed to significantly reduce chromatic aberration for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- SWC, Air Sphere, and Fluorine Coatings – Canon’s advanced lens coating technologies are also liberally employed to help minimize ghosting and flare, while simultaneously enhancing accurate color balance and maximum light transmission efficiency.
- ASC coatings are particularly effective for combating flare and ghosting caused by light rays entering the center of the lens.
- SWC along with ASC, gradually slows down the light to further reduce flare and ghosting with increased contrast in the result. The SWC coatings are particularly effective for combatting flare and ghosting caused by light rays entering the lens at a large angle of incidence.
- Fluorine coating is applied to the front and rear surface of the lens to provide protection against dust, water drop adhesion, fingerprints, smudging makes the lens easier to clean.
- Swift, near-silent AF
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, high-speed CPU, and the latest optimized AF algorithms, enables fast, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Internal Focus; Full-Time Manual Focus
- With FTM (Full Time Manual) focusing, this lens can be manually focused even in AF mode.
- Inner focusing means the lens does not extend or retract during focusing and the front lens element will not rotate during focusing.
- Weather-Resistant Design
- A weather-resistant design protects the lens from dust and moisture to enable its use in tough weather conditions — ideal for outdoor photography in any number of environments.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Build Quality
- The construction of the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM is polycarbonate and build quality is pro-grade. This lens has a compact barrel with a large convex front element housed within an integrated hood. The lens appears to be nicely sized for use and the zoom ring is conveniently located to hold the lens.
|Lens type||Zoom Lens|
|Focal Length||11 – 24mm|
|Angle of View||126° 5′ – 84°|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Special elements / coatings||Four aspherical, one Super UD, one ED elements. Sub-wavelength structure, air sphere, super spectra, and fluorine coatings.|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02″ (28 cm)|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||1180 g (2.60 lb)|
|Diameter||108 mm (4.25?)|
|Length||132 mm (5.2?)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Optional accessories||Lens pouch|
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM is the widest rectilinear (non-fisheye) wideangle lens ever made. A focal length range of 11-24mm provides an extraordinary ultra wide-angle view of the world. It’s a very special-purpose lens and valuable mostly for professional architecture and landscape photographers. Wedding photographers will be able to capture the big picture like never before.